LEE COUNTY RECYCLES
The following items are accepted for recycling at Lee County’s Convenience Centers:
The following items can be mixed together and put into the same specially marked bin:
Newspaper & Magazines
- Newspaper with inserts, magazines and catalogs.
- DO NOT include any plastic bags or string.
Mixed Paper & Books
- Junk Mail, cereal boxes, frozen food boxes, cardboard inserts, hardcover and paperback books, and phone books.
- DO NOT include corrugated cardboard boxes with co-mingled recyclables.
Glass Bottles & Jars
- Glass food & drink bottles & jars. Please rinse containers of all contents and remove lids and caps.
- DO NOT include any light bulbs, ceramics, cookware, dishes, window glass, eye glasses, drinking glasses, mirrors or crystal.
Cans & Small Metal Items
Steel & Aluminum food, beverage, paint
and aerosol cans and pie tins and other small metal items. . All cans must be empty.
Please rinse out residue.
DO NOT include any propane cylinders, eating utensils, batteries, or metal/cardboard containers (juice, oil).
- Plastic food, beverage & soap containers, plastic flower pots, pails and other small rigid plastic items.
- Please rinse items.
- DO NOT include motor oil bottles, anti-freeze bottles, automotive fluid bottles, weed killer bottles, pesticide containers, insecticide containers or styrofoam items.
USED MOTOR OIL and OIL FILTERS
- Used motor oil, oil filters, kerosene, crankcase draining, diesel fuel, and hydraulic and transmission fluids can be recycled at all convenience centers.
- Please put used motor oil and other fluids in sealed, leak proof containers and pour into properly marked tank.
- Anti-freeze is also accepted for recycling. Please do not mix anti-freeze with other automotive fluids.
- DO NOT mix oil with water, anti-freeze, solvents or gasoline.
- Lead-acid (automotive) batteries are accepted for recycling at all convenience centers as well as local battery retailers.
- Rechargeable batteries and cell phones are accepted for recycling at the following locations:
Lee County Convenience Centers
Lee County General Services - 805 S. Fifth Street
RadioShack - 1055 Spring Lane
Lowe's - 3015 South Horner Blvd.
- Computers (Monitors, CPUs, Printers, Keyboards and other attachments) are accepted for recycling at all convenience centers.
- Cell Phones are accepted at all convenience centers for recycling.
- Ink Jet and Toner Cartridges are accepted at all convenience centers for recycling.
- Any household item that has or had an electrical cord.
WHITE GOODS & SCRAP METAL
- Household Appliances (White Goods) and other metal items are accepted for recycling at all convenience centers.